We all receive calls from time to time meant for someone else. When the caller is a customer, the last thing you want to do is break the opportunity for engagement by asking them to call another number.
You also don’t want to find yourself scrambling to figure out which buttons to press while you have a customer on the line. According to research done by Hold On America, after two minutes on hold, more than 80 percent of customers will have hung up, and many will never call back!
Transferring the call to the appropriate colleague or team member provides a more seamless communication flow, which in turn improves customer service and efficiency in service delivery.
Transferring a call with the 3CX web client
The 3CX Phone System offers many great features, including a function to easily transfer calls to other users.
There are two ways to transfer call
With a Blind Transfer, you can transfer the call without notifying the recipient.
1. While in a call, click on the “Transfer” button.
2. You can select a contact by any of the following ways:
• Typing or tapping the number or the name of the contact you want to transfer the call to.
• Press the Phonebook, Presence, or Call History tabs and select the desired contact.
3. Click on the “Transfer” button to transfer the call. The call will be transferred as soon as the recipient accepts the call or you press “End.”
With an Attended Transfer you are able to notify the recipient before transferring the call. During this time, the caller is on hold and the transfer is completed only when the recipient agrees to accept it and you hang up. To perform an attended transfer:
1. While in a call, click the “Att. Transfer” button.
2. Dial the number or name you want to transfer the call to, or select a contact from Presence, Phonebook or Call History,
3. Click the “Call” button and announce the caller waiting on the line. The line on hold will be marked as orange while the active line is marked in green.
4. After confirming that the recipient wants to take the call, click the “Transfer” button, hang up, and the call will be transferred to the recipient.
If the person you wish to transfer the call to can’t pick, just press the “Join” button and your call is re-transferred.
There you have it! No hassle of transferring calls with 3CX.
Would you like to try out the 3CX Phone System? Smart Office USA is a Platinum 3CX Dealer in Texas, and we are passionate about helping businesses find the right technology to achieve their customer service goals.